The return of Awakening 13 and connection

As our community still grapples with what a post-pandemic lifestyle looks like, faculty and students are eager to carry on traditions this semester such as the Crusader Awakening Retreat.

Groundhog Guidance

Dear Groundhog, Does the University have any resources for people looking to quit smoking? I've been smoking for over a year and in the cultural milieu at UD, it's...

David Lamberti: Lessons in translation

The University of Dallas is subtitled “The Catholic University for Independent Thinkers,” but perhaps there is more value to dependency than we would like to admit. Not only dependency on the classical...

Trade your professors: baseball cards with Student Foundations

If you’ve paid any attention to the recent hustle and bustle of campus, you would have seen our beloved professors’ faces appear on baseball cards embossed with the Student Foundations logo. So...

What’s in a building: The Haggertys

Every day, we walk around campus, going in and out of buildings perfunctorily, yet we hardly ever stop to consider what the stories of their namesakes are. Who are...

Groundhog Guidance

Dear Groundhog, I am a Catholic who met this girl that I really like and we have a lot in common. However, she herself is not Catholic, but she...

Alumni Spotlight: Monica and Carlo Molano

Time and again, UD grads have proven the versatile nature of a humanities degree. Two politics majors, Monica (Tomutsa) Molano ’07 and Carlo Molano ’06,  founded their own successful commercial real estate...

Groundhog Guidance

Dear Groundhog, I feel like everyone is really nice here, but I don't know how to form deeper friendships. How do you go from being surface friends to actually...

Family Traditions: Garifuna Settlement Day

Nov. 19 marks Garifuna Settlement Day, the birthday of my cultural heritage and the most anticipated day of the year, where my entire household is required to cook. One...

Groundhog Guidance

Dear Groundhog, My boyfriend and I have a great relationship, and we have been dating for five months now. However, I am going to be in Rome this spring...

Artist Spotlight: Mother of God, Mother of All

In the Intermediate Painting I class, students are given a semester-long project that serves as their final for the course. The specific parameters of this project, such as the subject, the medium...

When in Rome: Coddiwomple

On a gloriously sunny November morning, we and the rest of the fall 2020 Rome class meandered down the Appia Antica, an ancient Roman road that remains today as a pleasant lane...

Jacob and Katie Rhodes: UD’s very own Chip and Joanna Gaines

Alumni Jacob and Katie Rhodes — class of ‘07 and owners of HoneyTree Farm, a vacation home rental business — have been embarking on quite the adventure since leaving UD.

Family Traditions: Dia de Los Muertos

Most, if not all, students at UD know All Saints’ Day, but most are not aware of Dia de Los Muertos, celebrated Nov. 1-2.  Dia de los Muertos is...

When in Rome: Street shrines

Wandering through the cobblestoned streets of Rome, the explorer encounters many wonders: towering churches, ornate fountains, street performers and the general hubbub of the city. With all of these...