1. Shakespeare’s Birthday – Celebrate 457 years of Shakespeare with a live-streamed concert from Shakespeare Dallas and ARKAI music duo to commemorate the Bard’s birthday. Tickets start at $15.64 for the April 23 6 p.m. performance.
2. USA Film Festival – Don’t miss the 51st Annual USA Film Festival from April 21 to 25 at Angelika Film Center. This festival will include new feature films, documentaries, true stories and multiple short films. Admission is free, but tickets must be reserved in advance.
3. Out of Many, One: Portraits of America’s Immigrants – The George W. Bush Presidential Center presents a collection of oil paintings by former President George W. Bushof America’s immigrants, their success and their contributions to our nation. The museum is opened Tuesday through Saturday and admission starts at $10. This exhibit will run until Jan. 22, 2022.
4. Dallas Arboretum Art Show – The Dallas Arboretum presents Artscape: an arts and crafts festival with something for everyone. Eighty-five artists will be selling their paintings, sculptures, hats, jewelry, photography, woodwork and more. There will also be live music, food, treats, and free tastings of beer, wine and cider. Admission free with paid garden admission on April 24 and 25, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
5. Hallam Family Concerts: – The Fine Art Chamber Players present “Shadows and Light,” Henriette Renié’s Trio for violin, cello and harp. RSVP to join this virtual concert for free at 3 p.m. on April 24.
6. Art and Wine Walk – Enjoy a lovely spring Saturday in Downtown Plano with an art and wine walk . Support local business and explore Plano with a map that includes 15 stops to try sparkling wines, Californian red wines, Texan Rieslings and many more. Join from noon to 6 p.m. on April 24, $30 per person.