1. Star Wars fans: “May the Fourth” be with you tomorrow as you head to a variety of Star Wars-themed events, including BrainDead Brewing’s May the 4th Be With You, beginning at 4:20 p.m. and lasting until midnight.
2. If you plan to stay in Dallas over the weekend, the Seventh Annual Dallas Margarita Meltdown is May 28 at West End from 4-9 p.m. Tickets, beginning at $35, get you margarita samples to vote on to determine who makes the best margaritas in the metroplex.
3. Taqueria la Ventana’s Cinco de Mayo celebration will be Friday, May 5, from 2-11 p.m., with events including drink specials, cocktail tastings, Mexican soda tastings and more, taking place at each of the restaurant’s locations.
4. For those planning to stay in the area, famed Icelandic band Sigur Rós is playing at the Bomb Factory June 7 from 8:30-11:30 p.m. Owing to their downsized tour group, the performance is planned to be small and intimate. Tickets start at $45.
5. If you need a break from finals, Bluffview Growler is hosting May Puzzled Pint Night Tuesday, May 9 beginning at 6 p.m. Solve puzzles while you relax with snacks and beer.
6. Finally, a thought for those of you staying in the Dirty Irv over the summer: you can’t go wrong with the Cap Bar’s free pastries at closing time every weekday at 2 p.m. Even if you’ll just be swinging by every now and then for the obligatory summer wedding, be sure to grab a carrot muffin or almond croissant with your cappuccino.