1. Get into the Christmas spirit with Jingle Bells on Bishop Mimosa Walk Dec. 4 from 12-3 p.m. in the Bishop Arts District. Glasses may be purchased in advance for $15 or on-site for $20.
2. If you’re staying in town for Thanksgiving Break, downtown McKinney is hosting Home for the Holidays Nov. 25-27. Don’t miss the Christmas tree lighting at 6:15 p.m. on the 25th and candlelight shopping at the square’s unique stores throughout the weekend.
3. The Contemporary Theatre of Dallas wraps up its southwest premiere of “As We Lie Still” with performances Nov. 17-21. The musical tells the story of a 1920s magician searching for one great illusion to perfect his act. Times vary. $35-$45.
4. The Meadows Museum at Southern Methodist University (SMU) continues its free exhibit on Modern Spanish Art. The exhibit includes pieces by lesser-known artists as well as works from the greats, including Dalí and Picasso.
5. If you didn’t get enough of the great whale in Lit Trad IV, the Winspear Opera House is showing its last two performances of the opera Moby-Dick Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2 p.m. Ticket prices begin at $19.
6. Pre-Christmas celebrations aren’t complete without seeing a performance of the Nutcracker. Luckily, the Royale Ballet Dance Academy’s “Nutcracker” is coming up Dec. 3-4 at the Eisemann Center in Richardson. Performances are at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. both days, with tickets starting at $20.