1. Head up to the University of North Texas in Denton this Saturday for A Night Under the Stars. From 6-10 p.m., enjoy live music, food and talks on stars and space. $5.
2. Plano Magazine’s Super Fancy 2nd Anniversary Party (no, I did not make up that title) will be Nov. 3 from 6-9 p.m. at Skypony Gallery in Plano. Several artists will be working during the event, which includes free wine, beer and hors d’oeuvres. RSVP on the event’s Facebook page.
3. If you’d like some company while watching the election results trickle in, the Texas Theatre is hosting an Election Night Viewing Party Tuesday from 5:30 p.m. until 2 a.m. Free.
4. Romesick? The Women’s Museum in Fair Park has a cure with its Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel Exhibition, extended by popular demand through Jan. 8. See reproductions of the masterpieces lining the chapel’s ceiling up close in a way you couldn’t in a room full of tourists during your Rome semester. $12 for students, $16 for general admission.
5. Have Afternoon Tea with some friends this weekend at City Cafe on Lovers Lane in Dallas from 3-5 p.m. Thursday-Sunday. Reservations are required, but the scones, mini-pastries and tea sandwiches are worth it. $25.
6. The Dallas Chamber Music Society presents Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center Nov. 7. A Mozart quintet for strings in C minor, as well as a string sextet in B-flat major will be performing. The concert begins at 7:30 p.m. at Southern Methodist University’s Caruth Auditorium, with a reception an hour earlier for ticket holders. $15 for students, $45 for general admission.