1. Strange name, great music. See Grammy-nominated band Death Cab for Cutie Sept. 14 at the Bomb Factory in Dallas. Various prices.
2. Put on your dancing shoes and head to Deep Ellum for Deep Ellum Dancing on Friday. A free swing class will be offered. Free.
3. The Deep Ellum Brewing Company’s Dallas Blonde 5K run is happening Saturday morning, Sept. 10. If you don’t like running, at least sign up for the two free cans of Dallas Blonde beer. $30.
4. Star Trek fans, Texas Theatre will be showing Adam Nimoy’s For the Love of Spock celebrating Spock and the life of Leonard Nimoy. Sept. 9-11. $10.
5. Watch the Dallas Wings play the New York Liberty at UT-Arlington Sept. 11. Both women’s teams have been home to many stellar basketball players. Various prices.
6. Fort Worth’s Casa Mañana will be showing Andrew Lloyd Webber’s Jesus Christ Superstar. Catch the opening performance Saturday afternoon. Runs from Sept. 10-18. Various prices.