1. A variety of artists show in the 500X Expo, curated by Erin Cluley. After seeing the show, walk a few blocks to Murray Street Coffee for some of the best sandwiches in Dallas. 500X Gallery. Until Nov.1. Free.
2. Enjoy a beer and watch the GOP debate on the big screen. A giant screen will stream a Twitter commentary. Granada Theater. Oct. 28. Free.
3. Local DJs show off their stuff as you shake your costumed bum at Decks in the Park. Enjoy a wide range of music from reggae to electronic house. Klyde Warren Park. Oct 29. Free.
4. Laugh at something besides UD Unofficial at the Dallas Comedy House’s Free Block Party, including local stand up, improv and all kinds of “weird stuff.” You can even participate by emailing the Comedy House. Dallas Comedy House. Oct. 29. Free.
5. Relive your childhood and celebrate Halloween with a double feature, “It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown” and “Ghostbusters.” Historic Downtown Carrollton. Oct. 30. Free.
6. If you’ve mastered Quiz Bowl in the Rat, graduate to Trinity Hall’s Pub Quiz Trivia. Prizes and hard cash awarded to the winners of this famously tough trivia night. Trinity Hall Irish Pub. Sundays. Free.