The following decisions and changes were made at the most recent meeting of the Student Government:
– Cierra Houchins met with the Haggar Renovation Committee and learned that the blueprints for the new cafeteria are about 95 percent complete. She also met with the Food Service committee to further discuss plans for the cafeteria. As a Residence Hall representative, she has purchased new pool sticks and paddles for NRH, although one has already been broken. Houchins also created an investigatory committee to examine the NRH parking situation. Because student apartment dwellers often park in the NRH parking, she will see if a system can be created to appease any upset residents.
– The Faculty Relations Committee under the leadership of Anna Heimes held a bridge club event with Dr. Phillips. Bridge club will occurr every Wednesday from 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. The Faculty Relations Committee planned their first reception on March 14 from 5 p.m. – 7 p.m. with faculty from the theology department. All students are welcome to come and mingle with the faculty. Anna moved to allocate up to $110 from the events budget to cover the theology reception for the Faculty Relations Committee.
– David Ready reinstated the Faculty Birthday Committee with himself as chairman.
– Alex Taylor and Anthony Guerra passed a motion to be co-chairmen of Internet Committee.
– Susan Gigante reinstated the Community Service Committee with herself as chair.
– Mark Kubisch moved to reinstate the Campus Improvements Committee with Mike and Jessica Johnson as co-chairs.
– Alex Taylor and Emily Wilson created an investigatory committee with themselves as co-chairs to look into having a fraternity on campus.
– Mark Kubisch met with President Keefe for approval of the senior gift, which will be icons to be placed in various Halls.
– Jessica Johnson from the Campus Improvements Committee is looking into getting a vending machine for Theresa Hall.