UD’s creative community captured, but not contained at Cap House

From a nearly universal love of Groundhog Day to a just as widespread distaste for the Cap Bar line, there are a lot of unusual components to UD culture that bewilder new...

On Fall Rome: I came. I saw. I have some concerns.

Freshmen at UD are all familiar with epic poetry. Over the course of Lit Trad I, they read the tales of heroes far from home facing impossible challenges, getting themselves into dangerous...

Encountering Christ in the crowd

On the first day of the new year, 20,000 people converged in St. Louis, Missouri for the Mass which began the SEEK conference. Included in these 20,000 were around 60 students from...

Groundhog Guidance

Dear Groundhog, I fight between loving the single life but also really wanting a boyfriend or attention from guys, how do I be at peace and live my life...

Meet our new mental health counselors

The spring semester is in full swing, and the Counseling Department at The University of Dallas is bustling with new staff members eager to contribute to the well-being of students. Although seeking...

Meet the artist: the hands behind the mugs

Annabelle Nicholas, a junior ceramics major, is just one of the artists selling her work this semester at the Dead Day art sale. Ceramics is a highly coveted class...

A twist on a UD tradition

The Dead Day art sale and Advent Market On this last day of classes for the fall semester, we prepare to face finals: learning our exam schedule, penciling...

Groundhog Guidance

Dear Groundhog, What is the cause of the inordinate amount of PDA present on campus? As a cradle Catholic, the excessive amount of such actions accosting the eyes of...

Fireside tales: Thanksgiving

Croissants and Manhunts Margaret Jennings, a senior English major, is the youngest of ten children in her family, but not every one of her siblings spends Thanksgiving day at...

Living out the Corporal Works of Mercy

Here at UD, so many of us have been truly blessed by God in so many ways. The question then be- comes: how do we take our countless gifts and give them...

Dancing in darkness in the short days of Advent

At the end of the semester, our poverty of time becomes more apparent than ever. However, in a unique way this year, the upcoming season of Advent further reveals our absolute poverty...

Safety announcement

A reminder to students to be self-aware Last week, on Tuesday, Nov. 7, junior psychology major John Emrich, witnessed an attempted car theft in the parking lot of...

Alumni spotlight

A woman of color in UD’s first graduating class In the University of Dallas’s first graduating class of 1960, there was one woman of color graduating: Eloise Stroughter.

A college student guide to embracing fall

The fall season is upon us, and the University of Dallas is awash with vibrant colors and the crisp scent of autumn in the air. For UD students, this is a time...

Artists discuss the nature and purpose of art

The Drama Department’s Fall Mainstage, “The Seagull” by Anton Chekhov, illustrates the hardships of being an artist and being a human. In light of this, the desire to define art surfaces. Several...