1. Texas Discovery Gardens – Visit the gardens at Fair Parks for a study break. This natural oasis features native and adapted plants, as well as a butterfly house and an insectarium that will transport you to a tropical rainforest. They are open Wed. through Sun. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., but there is free admission every Wednesday. Donations encouraged.
2. Holiday Wreath Collection– This partially online event will get you right into the holiday spirit with a nostalgic display of wreaths and holiday performances. A portion of these wreaths will be on display between 3 and 6 p.m. every day at Tower Club. There will also be an auction for these wreaths. This event will run from Nov. 9-13.
3. Boho Market – Support local artists and get your holiday shopping done early! On Nov. 15, over 30 local artists, artisans and musicians will come together at Grandscape Texas for a day of holiday shopping and live music. This pop-up will take place from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m.
4.Lone Star Christmas– Get into the Christmas spirit early this year in an immersive exhibit with scenes from favorite holiday movies at the Gaylord Texan Resort! Tickets are $24 on weekdays and $32 on weekends for adults, but there is a 50% discount for many days in November.
5. Farmers Market Christmas– On Nov. 14 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., the Dallas Farmers Market will host a Christmas market to offer a variety of gifts for your loved ones this holiday season. Browse through themed apparel, home decor and all things Christmas!
6. Frontiers of Flight Museum- Take a trip to the Dallas Museum of Flight and discover stories of aviation and space exploration. Learn about the Wright Brothers, Apollo 13 and 35,000 artifacts throughout the museum. Visit Mon. through Sat. from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Sun. from 1 to 5 p.m. Admission is $10.