1. Don’t miss the world premiere of Mrs. Haggardly, an all-new original play! Written and directed by Matthew Posey, artistic director of the Ochre House Theater in Dallas, it focuses on the three matrons of an orphanage and their attempts to stop enemy soldiers from recruiting the orphans. The play runs from Feb. 8 to Feb. 29 at the Ochre House Theater and tickets are $17-$20.
2. Come support local artists and vendors at the Sweetheart Market in Tyler Station! With food, beer, and crafts aplenty, it’s the perfect place to find a unique present for that special someone. This Valentine’s Day-themed event with free admission is on Thursday, Feb. 6 from 6-9 p.m.
3. Head over to the Wright Arts Twin Gallery on Exposition Avenue! Displaying artwork from rising artists, it also hosts live performances. This free event runs from 7-10 p.m. on Feb. 7 and 8.
4. Looking for some fast-paced football after the Super Bowl? The brand-new XFL league opens its first 10-week season with the Dallas Renegades vs. St. Louis Battle Hawks. This reimagined type of football kicks off at Globe Life Park in Arlington on Feb. 9 at 4 p.m., and tickets start at $36.
5. Want to catch up on a Best Picture nominee or two before Oscar night on Feb. 9? Oscar darlings including 1917, Little Women, JoJo Rabbit, Parasite, Joker, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, Ford v Ferrari, and more will be showing at the Cinemark Tinseltown Grapevine and XD from now until Sunday, Feb. 9. General admission is $10.25-$14.50.
6. Put on your Sunday best for a Valentine’s Day concert! The Dallas Chamber Symphony will be performing at Moody Performance Hall on Tuesday, Feb. 6 from 8-10p.m. Tickets start at $19 but student discounts are also available.