1. This weekend, the Southwest Celtic Music Association presents the North Texas Irish Festival at Fair Park. Activities include whiskey tasting, Irish dance performances and Celtic music sessions. Ticket prices vary by day; check the festival’s website for details, or purchase a $14 ticket from any Tom Thumb or Albertsons store.
2. Since Thursday is Texas Independence Day, Rustic in Dallas will be having its own Texas Independence Day Celebration from 6-10:30 p.m. Listen to local musicians while you play cornhole and take pictures in the photo booth with Texas-themed props. Free, but RSVP required.
3. Shakespeare fans (which should be everyone, really): Public Works Dallas presents a musical adaptation of The Tempest at Wyly Theatre this weekend. Tickets are free; call the box office to reserve your seat.
4. Also for Shakespeare fans is the Shakespeare Dallas Pub Crawl this Saturday from 2:30-6:30 p.m. Deep Ellum. $10 for non-members and $7 for members and season pass holders will get you drink specials and spots in Shakespeare trivia.
5. Noble Coyote Coffee Roasters hosts its monthly Coffee Cupping Event Saturday morning at 11. Because there’s nothing better than free coffee.
6. The Dallas Ballet Company presents En Avant Sunday afternoon at 3 at the Eisemann Center in Richardson. The performance will feature company dancers of all levels. $15.