1. Fancy a hot air balloon ride? Balloona Palooza at Lone Star Park in Grand Prairie, Texas, features food, arts and crafts, balloon rides and balloon glow shows, with a balloon launch Sat. at 6:30 a.m. for all the early-rising attendees. Aug. 26-28. $12.
2. If you are brave enough to beat the Texas heat, Dallas Arboretum is offering Dollar Days through the end of August. Take some time to smell the flowers or play a little Pokémon GO at one of three gyms. $1.
3. Watch an interdisciplinary performance at the Oak Cliff Cultural Center’s Tessellated Fold exhibit featuring dance and sculpture workshops complete with sound and video. Through Sept. 2. Free.
4. Venture over to Dallas’ sister city for a Rosé Wine Class at Kent & Co. Wines in Fort Worth. You’ll be able to try seven different rosés from around the world and learn about the history of this chic wine. Aug. 27. $35.
5. Head to The Rustic for a family-style Jam & Toast Brunch featuring free live music and a variety of mixed drinks. Aug. 27-28. $16.95.
6. Francophiles, the Kimbell Art Museum is currently featuring the first major U.S. exhibition on the Le Nain Brothers of 17th century France. Major works are on loan from the Louvre and Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Through Sept. 11. $12 for students, $14 for adults.