Olivia Gulino, Contributing Writer
Everything needs a soundtrack, especially an event as renowned and anticipated as Charity Week at the University of Dallas. Whether you’re trying to elude the jailers or you’re busting out some classic Aaron Carter at Karaoke TGIT, I’ve got you covered.
1. “I Fought the Law” – The Clash: While you’re clinging (or “clashing”) a tin cup against the rails of the jail, you can regale your fellow inmates with your tale of how you “fought the law/ but the law won.”
2. “The Walls Are Coming Down” – Fanfarlo: If you’re crafty enough to have joined the ranks of the proud few who’ve successfully escaped from the jail, celebrate your victory with this Fanfarlo track.
3. “To the Alps” – Princeton: So you’ve been staring at the Rome Photo Contest entries for a solid 30 minutes, and you just can’t look away. We’ve all been there.
4. “Lullaby” – Priscilla Ahn: Tuck-ins feature anything from whale-song serenades to accordions and maidens in dirndls, but here’s to hoping you actually get some rest.
5. “Gold on the Ceiling” – The Black Keys: Fight to the death (figuratively), you KAOS warriors, and turn this track up when you’re the last man standing.
6. “Fancy Footwork” – Chromeo: This one goes out to those brave UD gentlemen who put their mad dance skills to good use for Male Auction.
7. “Buy Your Side” – Alex & Sam: I would be remiss if I didn’t give proper credit to the men of UD who deliver beautiful acoustic numbers that pull at the old heartstrings (and purse strings).
8. “Eye of the Tiger” – Survivor: Imagine it: the Tower sounds at high noon. In slow motion, the professors emerge from their Braniff fortress, while the students fling their books aside. It’s time to do battle, chess-style.
9. “Boot Scootin’ Boogie” – Brooks & Dunn: This song really speaks for itself. “Get down/turn around/go to town” at the Two-Step to close out Charity Week.